If you ask me what’s my favorite gluten free lunch recipe? I will tell you chiken sauce with polenta. I used to cook this type of food back in Moldavia and I still cook it as it’s one of my family’s favorite meal.
It’s easy to prepare it and it requires about an hour to cook it. The ingredients are simple that you can find them in every kitchen. Also I will share with you the nutritional information as I will do in each post. So if your target is to loose weight then here you go, I added all the nutritional information for you. You don’t have to calculate anything, beside the quantity of your serving.
Usually I serve this type of food with polenta, feta and fresh salad or pickles, that’s how I like it best, but you can feel free to choose whatever side dish you prefer.
If you want another tasty lunch recipe that is faster an easier to cook then click here.
If you liked my recipe and want more then don’t forget to subscribe to receive emails with the new recipes.
So here’s the recipe
Gluten free chicken sauceCourse: Lunch, Recipes
2 medium size carrots
1 medium size onion
1 red bell pepper
Chicken meat (preferably chicken thighs) 500 g
1 TBSP tomato paste
200 g Canned tomatoes
Water 300 ml
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mince the onion and rasp the carrots.
- In a wok pan roast the chicken meat for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the onion and saute until translucent.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the canned tomatoes and 300 ml of water.
- Bring the sauce to boil and cover it with the lid and let it cook for about 45 minutes on a low fire.
- 5 minutes before the food is ready you can cook the liquid down on high power if you don’t want it too watery or you can mix in 1 TBSP of starch mixed with 100 ml of water and add it to your sauce.
- Serve your chicken sauce with polenta, rasped feta and pickles or whatever side dish you want, even with bread only is also delicious.